Leaving a Webring Upon Adoption Placement
This is an attempt to clarify the earlier post.
1. I decided to put a webring up for adoption.
2. I removed my own information and returned emails, join pages and navbars to their default system configuration.
3. I clicked "transfer ownership"
4. I clicked "Invite all members"
5. I clicked some more, and eventually checked the option box that said something like "Leave the webring". (The other option was to stay in the webring.)
5. I completed the clickstream and the webring ceased to be mine and entered the adoption arena.
6. However, subsequent checking showed that, despite my checking the appropriate option, I had NOT left the webring.
James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email