Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Something Odd - 02/05/2006
Sponsor links have started to appear on a number of my rings. No rm query notices have been received, and there is no identifiable reason as to why I would specifically need to log in and manage these rings. Has there been a change of policy, or are rings going to get nabbed for no reason?

Replied - 02/05/2006
Do you have any webrings that do NOT have sponsor links?

James S. Huggins

Replied - 02/05/2006
I'm not going through them all but it seems that every one I've looked at has a sponsor link on it. So has there been a change of policy? I normally associate these links with either rings that are in adoptable status or rings where there is a problem that needs attention.

Replied - 02/05/2006
Yes. I noticed the same thing today and I also thought that the prior policy was that such links ONLY showed for "problem" webrings.

It appears that (a) there is a bug, (b) there has been a policy change.

James S. Huggins

to contact me:
http://www.JamesSHuggins.com/webring-email

Replied - 02/05/2006
See the NEW policy here: http://x.webring.com/forum?forum=ringmasters;did=101#here :(

All my rings have sponsor links. Wonder if they will get around to telling me exactly what they think I am doing wrong? MonaLS

Replied - 02/05/2006
Well all the sponsored links are gone. Wonder what's up with that? Were the sponsored links a glitch? Inquiring minds want to know. MonaLS

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy