Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

For WebRing Mgmt - 02/20/2006
To the Nameless Mgmt at WebRing, Inc:

I am fed up with your passive aggressive management style.

I am fed up with ever increasing promo ads on our rings.

For two weeks now I had had your little Sponsor ads on my rings, yet I have never received a single complaint from WebRing mgmt about my ring management style. For several years I have spent 20 to 30 hrs/wk managing my rings. Now, without changing my style, you have changed your rules (without really changing the rules) and are punishing Ring Managers without telling us specifically what we can do to change it.

In the past week, I've disconnected 15 rings from my servers and put them up for adoption. In the next few weeks, I plan on putting up for adoption another 30 rings at least, to bring me down to your (newest) prefered ring limit. Perhaps by then, I will have gotten rid of the ring that is causing those "sponsor" ads to appear on all of my rings. If you don't like the work I do to support WebRing, YOU can do the work yourself.

Replied - 02/21/2006
campross,

RE:"In the past week, I've disconnected 15 rings from my servers and put them up for adoption. In the next few weeks, I plan on putting up for adoption another 30 rings at least, to bring me down to your (newest) prefered ring limit. Perhaps by then, I
will have gotten rid of the ring that is causing those "sponsor" ads to appear on all of my rings. If you don't like the work I do to support WebRing, YOU can do the work yourself."

To my knowledge and observation there is no nexus or connection between the number of rings being managed and the appearance of WebRing's sponsor ads. The fact is that WebRing does not have the time to evaluate your performance for they are far too busy packing the empty pixels in the rings you manage with their advertising.

I for one am sorry to see you giving up rings that you have responsibly labored over for years. When I first joined WebRing, your well managed rings were an inspiration to me. But alaas, some at WebRing have a philosophy that only a few rings can be managed well by each manager. I personally believe that they should not be imposing their own self-limitations on the rest of us.

If it was up to them Henry Ford would have been limited ro producing only a dozen or so cars a month - afterall noone is capable of producing more than a small number of quality cars at one time. Everyone knows that as the number increases, the quality goes down. Right?

Best regards,
Lazarst

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy