Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Failing Members... - 02/22/2006
I have a question.. I recently had large numbers of members in the past week all show up at once as failing...in all my webrings...Ive asked a few other ringmasters if they had this probelm and they have...

I'm wondering is webring actually updating their system on a regular basis... or is this sort of thing going to continue to happen...
If we're required to keep our rings updated and functional.. and webring doesn't hold up their end of the deal... how is that any good for the whole idea of webring?
:)

Replied - 02/23/2006
I, too, have had this happen. From 15 rings all at 100% passing I suddenly have only five with 100%. All within a week's time. I routinely surf through all my ring sites, but with so many sites I can't do it on a daily basis and I rely on Webring to alert me to broken URL's. Umm..maybe I can't depend on Webring anymore.

Replied - 02/23/2006
The system checker was having problems, but should be catching up as fast as it can with things.

Replied - 02/24/2006
Thank you webring personage!

:)

Replied - 02/24/2006
Some that were failing are now reinstated, but showing as 'New' sites! Oh well...I guess there's worse things happen at sea (as my mother used to say). LOL

Ms_C

Replied - 02/26/2006
The system checkers seems to be sending out pairs of notices ... the site fails ... the site has been made active.

Is this a part of the catch-up process?

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy