Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

HTML Navigation Code with broken 'Join' link - 03/04/2006
Question:
How do you manage sites which have chosen to use the HTML version of the navbar, yet they don't update the code when the site changes hands (even though they're asked to)? I have several members still with this issue in Rings I've adopted. Everything else works fine, but the 'join' link is broken.

My policy up to now has been to advise them to update the code with a date deadline. If the deadline passes, they are suspended for 2 weeks, and then deleted if they still don't change. However, I find many of these sites remain in the 'Other Links' category.

Just wanted to put this question out there and see your responses.

Thanks, Ms_C

Replied - 03/04/2006
=====================================================
"How do you manage sites which have chosen to use the HTML version of the navbar, yet they don't update the code when the site changes hands (even though they're asked to)?"
=====================================================

I evaluate each site on its own merits. I look at the site to see if it being contiaully updated, useful, or relevant also. If the site has a lot of broken links and images, then I know I can delete it.

Also, many people do not log in to check their webring email, have not verified their email, (didn't plan to put that much work into it, I didn't when I belonged to one ring) so emailing thru webring has no effect. Try emailing them using the email on their site. If you don't want your private email used, then copy their address and use the INVITE function, just changing the auto text. Put the text you want in the message and change the subject line.

Good luck

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy