Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 10 of 10
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Adopting Rings - 09/05/2006
spunkysmom said:
reply It used to be that if you did something really stupid, like adopt several rings, merge menbers, then delete those rings, they would take 50 or more points from your score and give tham back at the rate of one per week. That kept you from adopting rings. now nothing is said.
./././.

Yes it would be nice if management would inform one of the way things work with this blacklist-this would stop users from geting on the bloody thing in the first place.

Just to put managers on the list with out informing them is just not a good way to run things from my point-of-view.I work hard with my rings making sure things are running ok. Just to be placed on a black list for adoping ring so that none working rings can be working one again.

Come on management give us some feed back on this and let me know where I stand.

Chris

Replied - 09/05/2006
It would indeed be nice if we were kept informed of changes as they are happening.

Some time ago WebRing did announce that there would be changes as to how rings would be allocated in the future which explained as to why there are so many in adoptable status.

I have plenty so I am not particularly bothered about that.

However...

I have noticed that some rings are slowly being dropped from the system and that these are legitimately being deleted. I believe that these tend be low uniqueness and low traffic rings. Unfortunately no email is being sent to ringmasters to tell them of the deletion, or if there is I have not received one explaining when the odd ring has just simply disappeared.

Please can we be kept informed about changes as they are happening.

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy