Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Manager Settings - 09/16/2006
What does "Conditional When approving new applicants, make them active if their navigation code Passes, otherwise make them suspended" mean?

At face value that soulds as if applications are now getting approved by the system rather than giving the manager the option to review to determine if the applicant fits the ring's theme and topic.

Or is all th esame and I am just misreading this?

DMK

Replied - 09/16/2006
= = = = = = = = = = =
What does "Conditional When approving new applicants, make them active if their navigation code Passes, otherwise make them suspended" mean?

At face value that soulds as if applications are now getting approved by the system rather than giving the manager the option to review to determine if the applicant fits the ring's theme and topic.

Or is all th esame and I am just misreading this?
= = = = = = = = = = =

This is not a change. This is not about the system approving.

Rather it is how to handle approval of sites which do not "pass" the system check.

One option is to approve them, and also activate them, and to leave them active until the next system check.

Another option is to approve them, but to only make them active if they pass. This means they would be approved but suspended if they do not pass.

This feature has been there for some time.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 09/17/2006
Thanks. The wording is a tad scary at first read.

DMK

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy