Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Navbar issues - 09/20/2006
We are having some intermittant server issues with navbars and navbar stacks. We are aware of it and the techs are working hard to fix it.

We ask for your patience until the problem has been resolved.

Thanks so much!
WebRing Support

Replied - 09/22/2006
Yes, indeed.

I checked today and found that the wrong nav bar is displaying on many of my ring sites.

I have several URLS registered to RING A.
I own RING A.

I also have a fewseveral URLs registered to RING B.
I do not own that ring - I am only a member.

The nav bar for RING B was displaying on all of my pages - those of my sites that are members of RING B and all my sites within RING A that I own.

Various management pages show that all associations are in place and correct.

In my case I found that if I re-saved the description data for my sites registered to RING A, that the proper nav bar for RING A then displayed on those pages.

In my case I only had a dozen or so pages to do this to but those with hundreds of pages might have a serious problem.

So far, the fix I did seems to be holding.

It seems the common denominator was the association of the ring Sites (URLs) with my Webring Account.

I'll keep an eye on things.

DMK

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy