Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How does RM transfer site ownership? - 09/25/2006
Today I have two sites that are suspended in a ring I manage. They each have this message inserted into the site's description area:

(NOTE TO RM FROM WEBRING SUPPORT! TO GET THIS SITE TO PASS FULLY, ASSIGN IT TO USER 'xxxxx' THEN REMOVE THIS NOTATION BEFORE ACTIVATING!)

I searched Webring Help/Support and found how to transfer site ownership if I know the passwords of the "from" and "to" userids, but I do not... I am RM not site owner.

How do I follow these instructions and transfer the site? Thanks in advance for any help.

---witezarabs

Replied - 09/27/2006
when you are in the section of editing the ring you can change the url on one section and id in the other section.
it is a simple as taking out the old name and adding the new name that webring support suggested to use. they did that to me one day and it helped solve the problem quicker.

Replied - 09/27/2006
@jksales

Thank you for your reply. I already understood what needed to be done, to transfer ownership of the site. What I needed to know, is where to access the function to do. You said it was simple but alas you did not tell me where it is.

However, Webring Support responded to my email and told me where to find this.

For anyone else interested, edit the site in question, then select 'site promotions and extras' from the Member's menu. The transfer userid function is toward the bottom of the page.

Regards to all,
---witezarabs

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy