Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Do You Hear What I Hear? - 10/06/2006
That loud sucking sound you hear is the vacuum that is being created here at WebRing by the mass Exodus of the majority of the Ringmanagers who feel betrayed by the recent unilateral, arbitrary and capricious decisions of the micromanagers,

WebRing says it's listening but there are just so many of us out here that can't tell!

Having ears they hear not and neither do they understand!

They have said in their heart: We will ascend by charging a fee! - But they shall be brought down because of their greed!

So far I have only heard about the loss relative to rings. What about the number of active forums that will be destroyed or abandoned?

Be of good cheer though - as much good is being birthed out of the death of "The System". There are already numerous new WebRing-type alternatives being created as a result of WebRing's recent actions. Not to mention that RingSurf.com And Ringlink.org are experiencing a surge in new members.

WebRing, has, until now, for the most part, abided alone in cyberspace as a one of a kind interlinked community with little to no competition, but it's demise will bring forth much fruit in the way of other WR-type communities(NOT JUST IN WORD)

I am sad to see the fruit of so much hard work, devotion, dedication and creativity being left to rot but yet I feel it will be a monumental testimony to the folly of the very few who considered not - the wise voice of the many.

Lazarst
http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/autosurfers.html

Replied - 10/06/2006
During the summer, I was gathering a list of all the webmasters I've befriended over the last 3 years through forums I joined, etc. A couple of them have very well-known and highly trafficked sites relative to my ring. I was on the cusp of asking them, and many other webmasters I know, to join my ring; but now, with the imposition of the impending fees, not on yer life.

Just to say: I agree with you.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy