Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Even the Servers doth protest! - 10/06/2006
Dear WebRing,

Over the last few hours I have observed that pages are becoming unavailable and are not loading. It would seem that even your own servers doth protest!

What is it again that the dozen or so managers who share your propensity for cognitive disonance will be getting for their money - server down time?

Your folly is becoming more and more apparent to more and more members daily.

Keep those deletion and adoption emails coming!

I hope you have planned well and have secured enough life jackets for you and your handful of groupies! I would not want to see you all drowning in the sea of deleted and adopted webrings due to poor planning on your part.

There is none so blind as they cwho will not see!

Lazarst

Replied - 10/06/2006
lazarst.. Consider this. Before the changes were announced WebRing reported having around 46,000 rings on the system and around 300,000 members. That makes an average of around 6.5 unique members for each ring.

If say after this purge there remain only about 12,000 rings on the system it is perfectly feasable that there will still be around 300,000 members each with a valid navigation code in their sites. That would make an average of around 25 unique members for each ring.

Which set of figures do you think are healthier for the system?

I know which ones I prefer!

Replied - 10/06/2006
lazarst.. Consider this. Before the changes were announced WebRing reported having around 46,000 rings on the system and around 300,000 members. That makes an average of around 6.5 unique members for each ring.

If say after this purge there remain only about 12,000 rings on the system it is perfectly feasable that there will still be around 300,000 members each with a valid navigation code in their sites. That would make an average of around 25 unique members for each ring.

Which set of figures do you think are healthier for the system?

I know which ones I prefer!
====================================

Emmajones ...

WHY is it healthier for the system? WHY does it matter to the system at all?

James S. Huggins

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy