Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

2+5 maximum - 10/17/2006
I have a question regarding the 2+5 maximum. I guess you all know what I am referring to.
But what does this mean exactly? Let's say I manage 2 rings. In both rings I have my personal site plus a ring master page. Do those pages count for the maximum number of sites I am allowed? I.e.: can I join only 1 additional ring as a member or can I join 5 additional rings as a member?

Replied - 10/17/2006
= = = = = = = = = = = =
I have a question regarding the 2+5 maximum. I guess you all know what I am referring to.

But what does this mean exactly? Let's say I manage 2 rings. In both rings I have my personal site plus a ring master page. Do those pages count for the maximum number of sites I am allowed? I.e.: can I join only 1 additional ring as a member or can I join 5 additional rings as a member?
= = = = = = = = = = = =

I've got a dollar that says 1 additional webring.

What the heck. Make it two dollars.

James S. Huggins
to contact me
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 10/17/2006
5 REALLY means 5. You can come up with any number of situations, but as it is defined - CLEARLY - 5 really means 5. If you have 5 ring meberships in 5 different rings, 4 different rings 3 different rings, 2 different rings, or just 1 rings it is STILL 5 memberships.

Replied - 10/18/2006
System said: "5 REALLY means 5. You can come up with any number of situations, but as it is defined - CLEARLY - 5 really means 5. If you have 5 ring meberships in 5 different rings, 4 different rings 3 different rings, 2 different rings, or just 1 rings it is STILL 5 memberships."

Easy now! I am not trying to think up clever ways to get as many pages as possible, I am merely trying to think up a "business model" for my future participation in Webring. From the information on the system it was not so clear whether your own page(s) in the ring you own do(es) count.
Looks like I owe jliilj two dollars now; he was right: The rules have to be interpreted as much in my own disadvantage as possible.

I have had similar experinces with the free Webstats4U counters recently: New management, new rules, silly charges, adult unwanted advertisements, etcetera. Of course my reaction has been to take my counter-business elsewhere.

I was hoping to work out a feasible way to continue my business with Webring, but the way these rules work, I see the possibilities for a positive co-operation reduced.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy