Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I made a decison - 10/24/2006
To get the Level 2 membership and give this new system a try.

I figure what the heck, maybe it will work out and I will become a multi-millionaire from the affliate program!

I'll give a year and see how it goes.

Replied - 10/24/2006
I've made a decision also by adding a few items to my shopping list.

Can a WebRing Level 2 affiliate membership help me to achieve this goal?

http://www.seaotterboats.co.uk/english/dutch-barges.php

Replied - 10/24/2006
Nope, I doubt it. Seriously, the new “affiliates” program is just a new name for what they once did as a bonus for new sites. However, on top of a new name for this method to earn money, its only cancelled out the old system and put in one where you earn less than before.

So its really nothing new, its just been renamed and more than halved the payouts people ordinarily received to be almost nothing, while, also charging people to do so this lovely service.

Has anyone successfully figured out how to run/install the ring link system on a hosted server? If so, anyone mind contacting me vie pm to answer a few questions?

Replied - 10/26/2006
wreckedinsanity...Has anyone successfully figured out how to run/install the ring link system on a hosted server? If so, anyone mind contacting me vie pm to answer a few questions?

I have been looking at that as well on and off for months but I think that to be a serious contender the system needs to be able to deliver java script nav bars (non stacking), and have a few extra free but simple cool features that WebRing have clearly overlooked in their quest to raise as much money as possible through their existing membership.

I see no problem with having to pay for additional memberships and as I've said before the removing of excess duplication can only be good for everyone in the long run. Unfortunately though the so called affilate scheme and the fee to pay to manage rings just simply cannot work.

Replied - 10/29/2006
From what I’ve seen on the other rings that use the ringlink they offer a more secured webring for ring managers. I mean seriously, now that I’m paying for this damn webring service, you would think they would remove that part: “DO NOT USE IMAGES FROM EXTERNAL HOSTS UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THEY CAN BE VIEWED EXTERNALLY. If you do you run the risk of either having the navbar reverted to default (if we're nice) or summarily losing the ring. This is the only warning you will receive.”

I’m paying for a service, to manage webrings, and really, at their choice at any time, they can remove my webring if for some flux my host is down temporarily and doesn’t display the image?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy