Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Why was the ring 'Intentional Communities' put up for adoption - 11/14/2006
The aforementioned ring was offered for adoption to the members only and now it is listed as a public adoption. Can someone explain this?

I have another question. If I have more than one ring manager ID's, how can I combine them under one identity?

Replied - 11/14/2006
This has also happened to me back on Oct 5th. I never questioned it at the time as adoptions just haven't been going my way lately.

On Oct 5th, I received (and still have) an email inviting me to take over management of ID 'peachstate'. I know from experience that when you are invited to take over management of a ring, the adoption is 'private'. Yet when I went to the hub page to accept, the adoption was 'public'. I went through the normal public application process to try to get the ring anyway. Here it is a month and a half later and this ring is still up for adoption. This ring is identical to one I already manage and I wanted to merge the 2 rings together as 1 quality ring. (you want to decrease the number of duplicate rings, right?) But, the ring just sits there, with no dedicated manager and no direction.

Could've been a system glitch, but who knows. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with my user ID. :-)

One suggestion though:
There should be 2 versions of the invitation email. One to be sent if multiple ID's are invited and one for a single ID so the recipient will know what to expect.

OK, here's one more:
A blamk field to invite a manager not in the ring. This will simplify the process of turning over the ring to another ID. No temporary site insertions would be necessary.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the management changes you have in store. I hope the adoption process was first in line.

JB
===========================
yahchannah writes:
"The aforementioned ring was offered for adoption to the members only and now it is listed as a public adoption. Can someone explain this? "

Replied - 11/17/2006
This ring is identical to one I already manage and I wanted to merge the 2 rings together as 1 quality ring. (you want to decrease the number of duplicate rings, right?) But, the ring just sits there, with no dedicated manager and no direction.

It appears that the facility to transfer members/merge rings has been removed.

Replied - 11/17/2006
You want a long wait? I've been waiting for nearly a year to adopt a specific ring, have been promised several times by a member of the WR staff (still have all the e-mails) that he would look into it, and I'm still waiting. The ring is FULL of sites that shouldn't be in it (it's VERY specific as to what should be its content) - in other words - polluted with sites that don't match its purpose, and I can't get the ring to clean it up and make it right again.

FRANK @ WEBRING!!!!!!!! You going to get back to me or what?

Basically, I've just about given up on WebRing - they make statements, then reverse them, make others, reverse them, make promises and you never hear from them again.

Dave W.
(dwwsmw51)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy