Your post has been processed. Refresh the page to view.
You can get feedback if you sign in or sign up with WebRing!
|Start a New Thread
Specific questions regarding my status with WR
Here are the most important of the questions that I referred to in my last post:
1. Being a 1.0 member, I've noticed that I no longer seem to have my WR-mail, at least there are no links anywhere on my pages to WR-mail. Is this correct? I've changed no settings on my account.
2. My personal (not commercial) website, which is the reason I joined WR in the first place, is built under a series of identifying URL's (geocities-based, using yahoo ID's). My WR memberships are similarly created, as were my rings. Will I now lose those WR memberships?
3. I've asked this before, and I'm going to ask it again; several members of my one remaining ring have asked how they might delete their WR membership. This DOES NOT mean how do they leave rings, they know how to do that. Just using my own ID as an example - and I don't intend to do this, but if I wished to erase dwwsmw51 from WR membership, how would I go about it?
4. Your latest policy release states a limit of 50 rings. I'm a bit fuzzy here; is this 50 rings per URL (webpage) or 50 rings per membership (50 for the member, dwwsmw51)? Either way, I'm going to say I think that's a decent number of rings - thank you for expanding your original new policy.
5. I have searched everywhere I can think of within WR and can't find where one can apply for refunds, etc. You even mention them specifically on the "transition" page. Where does one go, to what URL, to apply for a refund?
6. On Saturday, 30 September 2006 at 11:32;10 I received a note in my regular e-mail from Frank that I copy/paste here; "... Let me take this on personally. This is why we HAVE support, so we can be supportive. It might take me a day or two to get back with some options, but I will.
This is exactly the situation that so many past posts in the forum are referring to when they talk about WR's lack of response - "a day or two", it's now nearly 60 and no word. Is Frank still there? Might he be able to respond to my questions at that time?
These are the main things I'd like addressed right now. Once again WR, I thank you for your patience with me - even when I get a bit hot. I don't mean to add to the abuse you've gotten. If I have, I apologize.
(1. Being a 1.0 member, I've noticed that I no longer seem to have my WR-mail) -
I have 1.0 membership, and the e-mail address is "verified."
The "WRMail:" is offscreen to the right (800 pixels width) in the Manage: "horizontal column"
I don't get any email in my box. Is that right?
(3. I've asked this before, and I'm going to ask it again; several members of my one remaining ring have asked how they might delete their WR membership.)
I _think_ they have to get rid of all the ring memberships first, "Memberships" and "URLs," and then appears!
I lost the "where it appears" in the last update!
(4. Your latest policy release states a limit of 50 rings. I'm a bit fuzzy here; is this 50 rings per URL (webpage) or 50 rings per membership (50 for the member, dwwsmw51)?)
50 per url? Is there ANY site which appears in 50 webrings?
A "webmaster" could have 50 sites which _could_ have different url's in separate webrings, but I don't think I have met him!
I think that its a relaxation that is too wide to make the difference to members!
OR, WHAT if 50 is the limit for any WEBRINGS? Has it occurred to limit the number of sites in any ONE webring?
I don't think so!
The "remove your ID" appears in the "Affiliate Program."
"Learn more about making money with WebRing's Affiliate Program here.
Get started today!"
"Delete This User ID"
"This will remove all trace of your ID immediately. Be Carefull!"
When you have removed all traces from the membership/urls
1. Your WRMail is completely unchanged. You might check the configuration of it to see....
3) has been documented in any number of places. your subsequent post overs it well enough. Once again this forum REALLY is not a place for general member support. Direct then to help/support. There is even a help page for removing acounts.... tis forum is best used to discuess the concepts and issues.
4) You're getting sidetracked in details perhaps. 50 memberships per URL really means just that, plain and simple. Don't read more into than you have to. if you go to your URLs page and you see a URL listed, it can have 50 memberships. WHY anyone would have 50 is your other question. We have no idea, some people have joined thousands. That, we continue to stress IS ruinous to the system. It's abuse by the member and shoddy management by managers. There is not a single URL on the internet that is topically applicable to that many rings. Not one. There may be some web sites consisting of many different URLs that might be tenuously applicable to a lot of rings, but each URL should be treated separately. That's our opinion.
5. Use Help/Support for refunds. Seek the paypal, contributions/refunds subject....it has been there for years now but we realize very few people ever look there.
6. Frank is around, yes. And he may have thought he'd addressed your issue. if not, and you are a 2.0 member you can get in touch with your personal rep. If not, try conacting support again. Don't just say "no one helped me for 60 days" hoever. Please be clear on what it is you want resolved. the clearer your request, the easier it is to get to the solution. And bear in mind that if it has to do with lost rings, adoptables, etc. there may not be a solution.