Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Are you rewriting history? - 11/25/2006
System said, "1. Many of us at WebRing have been around a LONG time. Probably longer than Grandma or James. Number of years using WebRing is nothing more than a lot of time. It really does not make one a "master" of WebRing."

It was pretty clear you were speaking of James and me. After all, you mentioned us by name.

Item 2. First, you said, "...We will address that, and as we move forward we will show you what a well managed ring is like. Those will be WebRing 2.0 rings."

and when Dave called you on it, you attempted to rewrite history and claim that you said, "We didn't say that the ONLY well run rings would be those we cleaned. We said those would be examples of well run rings. There is a vast difference." You specifically said 2.0 rings will be the well managed rings, implying that level 1.0 rings will not be.

Item 3: System said, "....We have always listened to the membership, even when it is difficult to find constructive criticism, if not supportive words, within the plethora of feedback. ..."

My question is WHEN have you listened to the membership? James, for one, has consistently and regularly offered constructive criticisms and suggestions to make Webring a little more user-friendly, and he has been just as consistently and regularly ignored.

As for item #3, I can't say that I've seen much of what you want that doesn't somehow involve money.

Replied - 11/27/2006
Grandma, I will address you in person now. You are bitter and unhappy. I think it would be in yuor best interests to let go of WebRing for awhile, perhaps forever. You clearly are not getting anything positiev out of it. It's a free and voluntary service. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you don't like the polcies, don't use the service.

This is not intended to sound harsh or insensitive, just common sense advice. We've always held the position that if you don't like it, don't use it. Why generate all the negative energy in yourself? It can't be healthy.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy