Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Netrunner's thoughts - 11/30/2006
Thanks Tim for writing to us under your own name and letting us know what you really want. It makes a world of difference! I agree with many of your views and your new two-tier plan where I could not agree with your previous plan.

I still have reservations. The first being your implied view that only level 2 members can possibly have good rings. Our Rings are amongst the best run Rings (usually 1 or 2 in your top 10 and several in your top 100) because of our policies. i.e. we deal with new submissions within the week; we help people who have questions and get the navbar code on their sites correctly; and above all our Rings stay absolutely true to their Ring Descriptions - we don't have irrelevant sites. We are concerned about your implication that only Level 2 Rings can be run properly, because under no circumstances will we ever pay for our Rings.

We have given you the opportunity to resolve your mistakes. I am thankful that I advised my colleagues not to dump everything, but to wait and let WebRing realize what they proposed wasn't going to work and give you the chance to fix it before the deadline. I am happy they waited and you changed the policy to a realistic version. But we still have concerns.

With a two-tiered system, you can treat those who pay as "privileged" (okay) or you can treat those who don't pay as "under-privileged" (not at all okay) - there are many companies running a two-tiered system - those that work do not mistreat people who are on the FREE level.

We are also concerned that you consider the facilities to merge sites as archaic Yahoo functions. They are not. They are essential to every Ring Manager.

It seems from your posts that you still think it should be you who decides what sites should be in a Ring. We very good Ring Mangers know and agree that there are numerous sites in SOME Rings that should not be there. However, we do NOT think it is YOUR job to make that decision. You run WebRing. It is not up to you to decide what should or should not be in any individual Ring. There are many Ring Managers who are experts in many thousands of subjects. Some of them will be terrific and a few will not be good. But it shouldn't be YOUR decision. Adopt out all those system controlled Rings to real Ring Managers and let them clean those Rings up. If you don't, then you are the dictator you claim not to be.

Netrunner

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy