Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Okay the holidays are over - 01/08/2007
Since before October the Webring management has been talking about how they are gonna merge, delete, reorganize, etc........

A bunch of talk and promises but no real action.

I paid for my category 2 membership, or what ever they call it this week and am starting to feel a bit ripped off.

So what is up Webring management? When are you gonna start coming through with your promises?

Do you have a time line for when your updates, reorganization, etc... is going to be completed??

Replied - 01/09/2007
I would agree that it appears nothing much has happened, but in fact a lot is taking place.

1. We are focusing a huge effort on what we believe is a fundamental obstruction to growth: The difficulty new members have with getting navigation code (html, ssnb, doesn't matter) on their pages, preferrably in a GOOD place, and then getting into an appropriate ring in a timely fashion.
To address this we have brought in 3 (part time for now) people whose jobs will basically be to help new members with this. We'll add more if there is sufficient demand. One of the things we're starting with respect to this is a live help system.
2. We have several other people working on merging and cleaning the glut of redundant rings. This is proving to be a monumental task and we need help with it. We are starting to look for managers willing to help with this process. If you would be willing to help, shoot an email to livesupport @ ebring dot com. In it identify your area of expertise (topic, not management). We'll see if we can match you up with a group of rings to work on by topic.
3. We're also adding new services. Chat rooms, again an effort to add temporal qualities to WebRing, are starting this week, instant messaging, blogs and webring email are following along quickly - should be by months end.
4. There are other things coming during the course of '07, more precise dates will come as they get closer to fruition.

hope that helps some...

tim

Replied - 01/10/2007
I emailed the address you gave me and received no reply. Not even a No Thanks, we do not need your help.

Is this the kind of support we can expect with the new and improved Webring?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy