Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

TO WEBRING TEAM - 08/21/2006
SEVERAL MEMBERS OF MY RINGS ARE SAYING :

"It would be nice if a column could be added to the page showing ring memberships to indicate which rings your site is featured on".

Replied - 09/01/2006
I'm POSTING THIS NOTE HERE, BECAUSE ALL MY MESSAGES TO WEBRING SUPPORT HAVE BEEN DENYIED WITH A NOTE TELLING ME MY MAIL ADRESS IS WRONG.... WELL ....IT IS NOT IT IS REGISTERED AT MY ACCOUNT CORRECTLY. SO THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I HAVE TO CONTACT WEBRING SUPPORT..... I'm wondering how members , not managers, are doing it.

So the problem is :
I have at http://pwp.netcabo.pt/penha.graca/webring1.htm 5 HTML navigation bars, of the rings I mannage. .. and I want to have them like they are.
I've also a SSNB code for navigationbar for other rings being surfed by visitors.
I have set my default #URL settings, to SHOW A SINGLE NAVIGATION CODE.
Don't Know why it's showing ALL NAVIGATION BARS of the rings I've joinned, but I don't want it like that as it increases the time loading of my site almost indefinetly.
PLEASE CHECK IT OUT.
MAKE IT TO APPEAR ONLY ONE NAVBAR.
Thank you
Best regards

Replied - 09/01/2006
I hope you have realised what the "error" is which you reported!
The second occurance ("If you have arrived to this page surfing a ring hosted at WebRing System , this is the banner of the ring you are surfing.") is correct now!

The First occurance for the 7 webrings, is enshrined in _HTML_ - so it is not WebRing's fault!
If that is the "error" that you speak of, the NavPanel's ARE a little long in loading (!)
You should think or replacing the "remote loading navpanel" with navpanel you store in your own computer! The icon is the same in all 7, and the script you can reproduce!

Replied - 09/01/2006
Thank you for the help Bendall.
In fact I've notice that the error I've reported no longer exists. Hope that it has gone for good, because it did happen before to be in error, tahn OK, than in error again, without anyone change whatsoever.

The seven banners were my iniciative. It was the way I could figher out to make things happen as I wanted to happen.
But of course your suggestion is in fact the best solution. Always learning....

Thank you very much

Best luck

Replied - 09/18/2006
Please provide a link to show a member all rings were his site is featured. The actual list of featured rings that is provided at ACOUNT SETTINGS LINKS , only shows the 1 name of the ring were site is featured. Doesn't provide a link, neither the actual name of the ring. If the name of the ring changes, member looses the way to get it.Impossible for a member to manage his investments . As a ringmaster I've some complains about this issue, from several featured members of my rings.

Replied - 09/19/2006
Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate it!

It is something that may be addressed in future launches and/or updates to the system.

Thanks again!
WebRing Support

Replied - 01/15/2007
I know i'm not expected to post individual issues on this forum, but i feel i've no alternative since my mails sent over more than a week to all webring's adress i found, including help/support, are not beeing answard.
Please apologize this "take over" on the forum, and consider this an act of despair.
Maybe this post will reach haven.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT. CREDITS VANISHED ALL OF A SUDDEN, APARENTLY WITH NO REASON.
I can't and will not post here the details... but will someone please....... HELP ?????

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy