Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Name Changes - 01/15/2007
OK. I understand that you guys are trying to give webrings more of a community feel, however, I am not comfortable with the idea of someone going in and making changes to my ring's title and description without my knowledge. Community is great, but please don't let the changes dillute the character and personality of members' rings by altering the identity of the ring.

The ring I'm referring to is the "Sudoku Webring" (id: sudoku). The name had been changed to "Sodoku Puzzles Webring Community" which is way too long of a title for the style of navbar I am using. The name change could also be confusing to existing members by looking like a navbar for a different webring altogether. The description had also been changed to reflect the title change. I had to change the title back to what I named the ring when I created it, but will leave the description like it is.

I believe the "community effect" doesn't begin with individual rings, but rather the overall way we navigate through the directories and forums on the WebRing.com. Maybe include a forum & chat for all rings in a given directory or topic of interest. A personal image to associate with a user ID is always a plus for online communities.

The "recommend" and "report" links beside members' pages are a good idea, but it looks too "google-ish" in my opinion - (you know - those extra links you get with Google search results!) Mini icons would simply look nicer.

I guess in the end what I'm trying to say is you already have enough to worry about with the community concept. Let those of us (who are willing) handle the day to day maintenance of our individual rings. After all, that's what we're here for... right?

JB

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy