Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

2nd Update OF Update and review of Webring 2.0 - 02/05/2007
Here is a bit of an update on what I have been able to determine concerning my experience with Webring. As you know from my Update of 1/23 Webring 2.0 does not provide a benefit to the user. I am highly concerned after careful review of their operating system, more importantly, their system that charges money for service.

My account after Webring took nearly $75 in a one month period was converted back to Webring 1.0 showing a deficeit balance. Of course I have been dealing with many of the "your account is out of credit" e-mails. Finally, after weeks, my webring support person "Gary" got back to me. One of my issues was that of joining the Affiliate Program, inviting others to join webring and then only at first getting .10 cents on one new member, but then it reverted back to .04 cents. It appears that Webring does not have a central data base or tracking system that would allow them to track these new members because I was asked to give them each user name, their webpage, and the ring community that they joined so they could look into it farther.

Now you seasoned Managers must realize what an ordeal that is at our end because the notices sent to us when a truly New Member joins with a New Webpage only tells us that we were paid 4 cents (etc) and nothing more about where the person came from, who they are and from which community. That is a tremendous amount of work.

Over the course of 12 days I have been monitoring my negative balance and it has been slowly crawling back up to .12 cents....which I was happy about as this should stop the "EMAILS" and should have slowly began to build my account again without throwing more dollars away until the system is working properly.

So I removed my sites and rings that were being featured, there were only 3. One of those were 7 dollars a month (something that history will show I would NEVER have paid that much to have a webpage featured) At least I could see where 7 dollars of that 75.00 actually went.
(More to come)

Vickie Barker
thebulletin
www.advancedhealthplan.com

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy