Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Server downtime - 04/03/2007
Has anyone else noticed WebRing server downtime recently?

Yesterday I attempted to access some ring hubs and received a 'website not available' message. This was for most of yesterday and also a couple of other times during the last month.

Have there been any planned server issues and is there a status page where downtime (past and future) is published?

I'm sure this information would be useful to prospective members as well as reassuring for existing.

I realise that server downtime is always going to be a possibility. I just think it helps to communicate problems as they arise.

RichardP

Replied - 04/03/2007
I noticed it. It's not a new thing. While the g.webring.com server may be up, the l.webring.com server may be down. Some ring management links may work, others will be off line. Too often when I'm trying to manage my two small rings I'll get the "server not available" message. Not having the time to hang around for the hours it may take for the server to become available, I sometimes get an email from webring, "please manage your ring." Yeah, I'd love to manage my ring if I could do it on my schedule.

Replied - 04/03/2007
We have been experiencing some technical difficulties on this end for the last few days. While we're pretty sure the issue is fixed, there may be some intermittent down times over the next day or two.

A status page is in the works...we'll post on the status page when it's ready to go. ;)

Thanks for your patience!
WebRing

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy