Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Hacked or what? - 05/13/2007
Folks, I went to do management things in WebRing today, only to learn half the functions aren't working properly! I can't change the page on my site that is a member of the ring. It asks me to sign in, and when I do, it sends me back to the same page where the changes are to be made. And it keeps asking me for my password at strange times. I should be staying logged in, because I haven't logged out. Now what do I do? I can't do half the stuff I normally do, because instead of letting me do it, it either asks me to log in, or only lets me cancel the current action. Arrrgh!

Replied - 05/13/2007
Further information: recommend you do NOT sign in, because it gives people a new avenue for getting your password. If you already have, change your password, and plan on changing it again once WebRing is back under control. In addition to the problems already cited, I can't join my own webring (it won't take me to the first part of the join dialog; it just takes me to the main page), and so forth. I'll try to remember all the things I tried to do unsuccessfully and let you know, but I'm sure you all will be aware of these things soon enough.

Replied - 05/13/2007
Hvae had no reports of similar behavior. It sounds like either a network (packet drop) or local network (or machine) issue.

However, we are doing a general check to see. Have not noted any issues thus far.

Replied - 05/15/2007
I discovered that I had inadvertently blocked ONE cookie from WebRing. I have a gazillion cookies from you. It would be REALLY helpful if you would have one cookie for the entire site. Having a gazillion is very inconvenient for us. Since I always decide on each cookie I'm asked to allow from all web sites, this is a rather large problem, because you have to accept a gazillion to be assured of being able to operate. So please consider a change that will allow me to accept one cookie from, say, www.webring.com that would cover all the work I do here. Thanks!

Replied - 05/16/2007
Hmmm, well the notion of just a single cookie is interesting. There are different values/settings however that need to expire at different times so that would be "more difficult".

How is it that you inadvertantly block any one cookie? Cookies have their pros and cons, can be abused, etc. We (and you don't have to believe us of course) really use them for non invasive reasons.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy