Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

'Next' going to ring hub page - 12/10/2007
Hi:

I have noted that when checking the operation of my webrings, clicking on the "next" link on the webring banner ALL TOO OFTEN takes you back to the ring hub page instead of the "NEXT" site in the ring.

What causes this problem? I've noted that sometimes a ring will be acting correctly, going to the next website in the ring, and then suddenly start going to the hub page. Once that happens it SEEMS to ONLY go to the ring hub page.

I do not do my own coding for the ring so I KNOW I haven't goofed up something there.

What might cause this? How can I rectify it?

Diana Pederson, ring manger

Replied - 12/11/2007
Offhand we don't know, but we'll try to duplicate the problem. If we can do that then we can solve it.

There is one situation where we know this occurs, but it doesn't sound like yours. The one situation is when the navigation code on the site is for a non-active site; either pending or suspended sites will cause this. The reason it goes to the hub in this case is because there is, technically, no next site.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy