Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Suggestions - Search Engine Friendly Title, Keywords, - 01/18/2008
Grandma, if you feel that way, why are you hanging around? We're not going to agree with WebRing management on everything, but the people I have worked with personally have been very helpful. There may be one or two bad apples, but you will find that anywhere. The rest of them are very nice. A lot has to do with how you approach them. If you approach them with a chip on your shoulder, you're not as likely to get courteous treatment. That's human nature.

Replied - 01/18/2008
And, Grandma, we don't beleive we're making light of suggestions. We keep attempting to frame them within the context of a larger system. As stated previously (as most of the discussion focused around the blog system) the blog system is scheduled for review and changed sometime early this year. suggestions, yours and ours, are gathered over time and as many as possible will be incorporated into our revisions. In the meantime, we exercise patience and apply our energies where it has been decided through planning to apply them.

Replied - 01/19/2008
I'm not so sure the blog system is a good idea. I got an applicant for one of my webrings that looked for all the world like a scam. It was on a blog hosted by WebRing. I turned them down. But you have to be alert to the possibility that spammers will use your blog system in this manner. More details on request.

I personally think that concentrating on doing your main job WELL would do a lot more for the community than lots of new bells and whistles. You are unique on the web. You have excellent software in general (though I do not like your newly designed hub home page, and your preview of a site provision from the hub page is a blamed nuisance). It makes managing rings a real dream, as far as I am concerned. But there are bugs and glitches that need to be fixed. Spending your resources on new stuff takes away resources from fixing the problems. I have been waiting for you to let people adopt rings again, and PLEASE don't limit the number we can adopt, if we maintain certain standards. I could easily handle more than I am currently doing; I only spend a couple hours a week on it. I don't approve people the same day as a general rule, but I do within a few days if they comply with my requirements. I do a thorough evaluation of a site. If I have problems, I tell them what they are, and give them a couple of months to comply. If they don't, I turn them down. But I don't want to rush because a lot of people don't look at their email every day. That's just how I personally operate. I also have problems with a lot of people simply not bothering with the navbar code, and of course eventually I turn them down as well.

That's just my opinion.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy