Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Re (5829):Some of us are paying attention! - 03/16/2008
Hi "Webring Owners"

Why would you assume no was paying attention? Some of us are committed enough to pay our $36/membership. If we pay, you may assume we are paying attention to things. That was one of the features I paid attention to! How else am I to know if anyone visited my webrings today?

I also pay attention to my "activity score" AND I pay attention to whether my navbar is working properly and showing me the RING I am trying to surf. Just now switched to Mozilla Firefox to see if it will ALWAYS bring up the navbar for the ring I am surfing. Will post test results here after a day or so.

I am also wondering if locating the navbar at the top of the page would make a difference in it working properly. ANY COMMMENTS ABOUT THIS? Might location make a difference?

PLEASE: When you make a change, why not inform 2.0 members first and let us comment on it BEFORE making a dramatic change that affects everyone? This would win you a lot of support instead of negative comments from frustrated ring owners.

Replied - 03/16/2008
Location certainly makes some difference. How much? hard to say but almost certainly depends on what page the code is on. It's not just where the page, but what page, how the pages themselves are linked, and so much more. From this end it's almost an immovable object problem. We seem unable to convince people that the navbar is a good thing. that it enhances the community. Actually HELPS bring the sites more closely together to share and retain traffic.

As for announcing to 2.0 members. We'll try it again. It has met with such indifference over the years that we have deemed it almost pointless. But there are a few who pay attention, and we do indeed value you :)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy