Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Thank you for your decision on Adult webrings! & 2 Suggestions - 07/12/2008
You say:

"7/11/08 3:30 PM PDT: We continue to receive complaints about adult oriented rings in non-adult categories. If we find them we WILL take action. Specifically, we will remove the member, remove any adult rings under that member, and turn management of any non-adult rings over to the community. If you wonder whether a ring you or anyone else manages is "adult" please feel free to ask us. We will let you know what OUR take on it is and then you (or the manager) can act accordingly. We are NOT conducting a survey on what people *think* is adult or not. This is entirely up to us. "

Thank you for this stand. It makes me more confident in inviting others to join webrings. This means they won't be likely to find something offensive in someone else's webring and therefore, decide not to participate in any.

I suspect we should now go through any webring we manage to be sure the various members haven't added things or made changes to their website that would move them from "general audience" to an "adult only" audience.

When I was reviewing a lot of the "blogs" webring, I saw many where I thought the content was NOT SUITABLE for a general audience.

SUGGESTION 1: How about sending out an "announcement" to EVERY webring manager about this decision? Then suggest they take a careful look through the rings they manage to be sure the content of every website was appropriate for the "non-adult" section of webrings? THEN no one will be taken by surprise when you remove their webring.

SUGGESTION 2: Please consider adding a new "limited access" webring category. Make a "SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN" section where a manager could create webrings strictly for children oriented topics. Granted, they could be in the "non-adult" subject areas but knowing they were in a "Children only" area could attract many more members/ring managers to webrings.

I hope I have explained this correctly. Am involved in several major events this weekend and experiencing some brain fog due to excitement AND exhaustion. ASK if you need more details about my idea.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy