Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 16 of 16
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

unwanted featured sites fee - 09/19/2006
Anne (hi) - interesting can you please explain "but did you know that webring also assesses sites on what the member is willing to pay, not what the manager sets, if the manager approves the membership." It's only 2.45am here and I can't quite get my head around that :)

Replied - 09/20/2006
I have a standard $1.00/month fee for a member to have a site featured. one member offered 20 cents per month. I had figured that if a member offered less than your minimum then it wouldn't show in the request.

At that time, I could feature the site for his 20 cents or refuse to feature. I figured 20 cents was better than nothing.

anne

Replied - 09/24/2006
Unlike Anne, I don't accept that 20 cents is okay to be featured on our Rings. We set a default of 1.20 on most Rings and don't accept less, because on most of our Rings, we don't actually care to feature sites - they are all about the "Ring" being a circular community. If people really want, they can still pay that minimum and be featured. We tend to handle this manually.

However, on a few of our very popular large Rings where "featured sites" is something we see as useful, we hand over management to the system. However, we still want that minimum to make sure people really want it. The irritation is that if two people are offering 1.50 to 3.00 dollars and others who were offering that are temporarily out of credit, then the person offering 0.20 will get featured. I really don't like that. All I request is that I have the option to say that any minimum I happen to set is regarded as an absolute minimum - i.e. I decide rather than WebRing. Yes, we can manually manage it, but on a few of these Rings, this would be a daily process.

Replied - 09/26/2006
Thank you.

the way I figure is this: If I set the minimum at $1.00 and the person wants to pay 20 cents, the he/she should be featured at the $1.00 rate until the 20 cents runs out. this way
I still get my 20 cents or part of it and someone else could be featured.

It would be nice if we could pick more than 3 sites (just one or two more), pick an order, (or let let be price), and then let ths system rotate them. If one person runs out of money, they are out until they pay and then a few days more.

Anne

Replied - 09/27/2006
the way I look at it is if you ask for a minimum of 1.20 and they offer .20 then they are wanting alot for nothing and I usually ignore them. I even consider it a slap in the face.

thats my opinion. "and I'm sticking to it." lol

Replied - 09/27/2006
forgot to add this.

I wish there was a way to deny them and have their site dropped off the featured list. another words I wish we had the option of accepting a site and denying a site then the system or us can manage the accepted sites.

Replied - 09/28/2006
will be added to the idea folder. Over the next few weeks there WILL be a number of management features released. And after that we plan to continue offering improvements and new features. That area (feature sites and reporting) is a high on the list.

Replied - 07/20/2008
I would like to know if there is any way of deleting sites that are not paying for their fees as I have some that have not been for many months and would like to just delete them from featured
Thanks, Ca

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy