Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

changes - 08/21/2008
Just so you are aware, I do not like the preview feature to begin with. It's an extra step. I won't be using it to review sites. I have been going over my webrings looking for sites that aren't suitable, as I have time. Then, if necessary, I suspend them or take other action. Remember, I won't need the suspend feature unless I want to suspend a site, and that won't be true for most of them, so I have this extra step whether I want it or not. Other people may find the preview feature useful, and that's fine. But when I am surfing someone else's ring, I find it a blamed nuisance. That's just my 2c worth.

Replied - 08/21/2008
Cool idea. From my point of view it helps a lot!
Thanks!

Replied - 08/21/2008
Exactly. Different stroke for different folks. I suggest to WebRing that when people have the time, they make the preview feature an option.

Replied - 08/25/2008
Now that I have had a chance to see that using the preview is optional, I'm satisfied with the arrangement, but I have one small request. The preview link is between the name of the web site and the name of the owner. Please place it after the name of the owner. The reason for my request is that I keep records of the sites I manage, and I copy and paste this information in a file. With the link where it is now, I have to delete this word. Thanks!

Replied - 08/31/2008
Good function, cleared out 3 noncompliant/dead yesterday .

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy