Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

What to do with out of date websites - 12/08/2008
Do any of you have rules for how up to date a website needs to be. I've been looking through some of the rings in tomorrow's auctions. Many of the websites are at least 5 years out of date.

If you have rules, what are they?

Replied - 12/08/2008
The only rules I enforce are that links be as current as possible and the information be as current as necessary. I mean, if the ring is about Egypt and the content is about the building of the pyramids but the site hasn't been updated in 5 years, how out of date can the content be? The pyramids have been there a tad while longer.
brbrHowever, if the ring is about current events and the content of the site is about the building of the pyramids, then yes, that is out of date. :)

Replied - 12/08/2008
It depends on the subject matter of the site. Pictures don't go out of date. News articles sometimes do. And you can't always tell when web sites have been updated. Mine won't tell you. I have broken links to fix, to other web sites, but none within my site that I know of. I don't worry so much about broken links to other sites.

Replied - 12/08/2008
It depends on the subject matter of the site. Pictures don't go out of date. News articles sometimes do. And you can't always tell when web sites have been updated. Mine won't tell you. I have broken links to fix, to other web sites, but none within my site that I know of. I don't worry so much about broken links to other sites.
= = = = = = = =

For example, here is one that is old, but in my opinion, is not out of date.

http://www.misterguitar.us/

James S. Huggins

http://www.JSH.us/webring-email

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy