Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

New spammer? - 12/20/2008
Without passing any judgment either way, the discussion relative to the relevance of a site with respect to Australia is OK. The personal opinion that the organization is disgusting is crossing the line. It may or or may not fit the criteria you have, clearly does not, and that is fine. When reporting as "spam" it is important to distinguish between "this site is not christian" or "this site is disgusting" or "this site is ________" and what we, as objective observers must consider: "this site is joining rings that are clearly off topic" The line is finer than you might think. "Not christian" for any ring even remotely religious *may* not constitute spam. A site about asparagus applying to a jewelry ring, however, would seem to be more spam-like. The bottom line is that before claiming "spam" it is necessary to take a very devils advocate view of the submission from you rown perspective. This does NOT mean you need to accept any site of course. Only what gets place before the inquisition.

Replied - 12/21/2008
I understand what you are saying, and I don't make my statements lightly. An application from this particular member to a Christian ring really is completely off topic. Like any other group, Christians welcome a space where they can be greeted with viewpoints compatible with their own. Coming from this organization, I have been subjected, in the past, to correspondence that tried to make me "think" by wallowing in things I personally find disgusting. It is best if we try to retain a little focus in each ring, making sure that the sites are compatible with the purpose of the ring. At least that's my view. Diversity requires that there be many different offerings, and if the rings get muddled, that distinction goes away. As for Australia, it wasn't just that it was Australia, but specifically about Australian organs. I have seen no hint in the time I have spent on the organization's web site that it takes the least interest in organs. What I am asking is that people watch out for inappropriate memberships. Whether they exist or not is the basis of my question. Please don't get me wrong. I respect that organization's right to peddle its viewpoint, but I also expect it to respect our space. I hope this makes sense.

Replied - 12/21/2008
Did I forget the other membership I saw was to an explicitly Christian ring? Maybe I neglected to say so. If so, my apologies.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy